The National Council for Scientific Research in University Education is the main institution through which is financed the scientific research in universities from Romania, as well as post university studies.
The CNCSIS programmes goals are:
CNCSIS grants competitions include calls for several types of grants:
- National research grants for research teams and laboratories
- Research grants for young scientists
- Research garnst for PhD students
A new launched programme of CNCSIS is the Platforms/Laboratories for multidisciplinary research
CNCSIS also promotes Romanian participation to European Young Investigator Awards (EURYI)
The Ministry of Education and Research conceives and promotes the National Plan for Research, Development and Innovation, which highlights the main priorities of Romanian research and establishes the available types of grants.
Main types of grants:
- Research Programme "Excelency in Research" – national cooperative research program involving a consortium of several Romanian universities
- Research grants – grants devoted to universities and research centers